September 21, 2015
Lincoln School is introducing students to keyboarding skills. We are very fortunate to provide all students access to a typing software program called Type To Learn 4 (TTL4). This is a comprehensive keyboarding program with a futuristic theme, engaging activities, and real world typing. Grades 3-5 students have been introduced to this program in our computer lab and may have additional access in the classroom. Additionally, all Lincoln School students can use Type to Learn 4 from home if you have Internet access!
What is Type to Learn 4?
Type to Learn is a comprehensive instructional keyboarding program that covers skills ranging from beginner to advanced. This program uses leveled lessons and includes a diagnostic pre-test. Additional information about this program can be found at: http://ttl4.sunburst.com/product-information.php
Minimum Technical Requirements:
· Mac Requirements: OSX 10.3.9, 10.4, 10.5, PowerPC and Intel platforms, G4 800 MHz, 512 MB Ram, 32 MB video card.
· Windows Requirements: 2000, XP, Vista, Pentium3 1.0 GHz, 512 MB Ram, 32 MB video card.
Download and Install Instructions:
· Choose either MAC Web-Enabled or Windows Web-Enabled Client
· Enter Lincoln Elementary School’s user account code when prompted: 161164.
· Students will be given their user name and password when they are introduced to the program at school.
I encourage you to log on with your child and explore this wonderful resource.